Tuesday, November 20, 2012

No Thanksgiving Dinner For Me

Unbelievably, in less than twelve hours I will be in surgery having a tooth extracted.

The pain showed up out of the blue, over the weekend. My dentist thought the molar might need a repeat root canal, so this afternoon a fab entodontist took a peek. He deemed the molar to be a goner...and back to the dentist I went, for an old-fashioned tooth pulling.

Friends, he could not numb the tooth enough to get it out! He used over 3x the amount of numbing meds than needed for a root canal and it did not knock out the pain.
 --will my face ever not be numb?--
By the time he decided to stop, and scheduled me for a procedure involving general anesthesia, I was coming unglued. I shook for over an hour, but, thank God for prescription Vicodin, I am now able to blog.

Because everything goes better with blogging, right?

If you would pray for my face, the surgeon, my family, and my sweet kindergartners (yes, we have school tomorrow), I would be so thankful.

And, have an extra piece of pie for me!






7 comments:

  1. Oh, my! I hope that you will feel better afterwards. You will be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. The whole thing sounds terrible. Bless you. I pray for a smooth surgery and quick recovery.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you Chrissy! Tooth troubles are just miserable and at Thanksgiving it is even worse. I will pray for you to be calm and painfree during the surgery and that the doctors take excellent care of you. I know your class will miss you, but they will be well cared for I'm sure. Get well soon and at least some mashed potatoes will be easy to eat when you can!
    God Bless,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry you are going through this! I was shaking just reading it:( I can't imagine your pain! You're in my prayers!! Blessings and maybe you can have some mashed potatoes:) Try to have a Happy Thanksgiving! Praying for ya:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU ALL for the prayers and well-wishes! I survived!

    I can enjoy mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie tomorrow. YUM!
    :-)C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you recover quickly, not fun. Happy thanksgiving.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. (((Chrissy))) I'm so sorry! I've had my fair share of dental issues, so I can truly feel your pain. I'm sending prayers to you for an easy extraction! Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    ΡΌ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being part of my story!