Saturday, April 27, 2013

Success...What do you see?


The scores from our TerraNova testing arrived....
and they are good, very good.
Which makes the administration and board (and, I'll admit--me) very happy.

What the scores do not reflect is the intangible growth I've seen this year.
* The friends who could not hold a pair of scissors can now cut with skill.
* The little ones who sagged by the end of the day have adjusted to the rhythm of K.
* Bathroom accidents are now nonexistent.
* We think before we speak, most of the time.
* Heartprints are regular gifts among us.
* Illustrators have become writers.  Stories have been crafted and shared.
* Friendships have matured and blossomed where distrust reigned.
Success....it's not always what you see.

6 comments:

  1. At the end of the year, this is definitely worth thinking about. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your picture, May I use it and give credit to you? Liz :)
    Crazy For Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Liz! I found it on Pinterest--every link took me bag to an isolated image. I can't take credit for it; enjoy!

      Delete
  3. I love this! I've been reflecting on this quite a bit! I have students who have shown there great learners from the first day of school, but I am excited about those who couldn't read on the first day of school and have now pretty much caught up with their classmate!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always astounded to see the growth in K, 1, and 2!

      Delete

Thanks for being part of my story!