Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Rain Is Ice!

We seem to be experiencing an epic storm!  I have fond childhood memories of sliding down a foot of frozen snow and ice with my daddy.  Walking on top of a mountain of snow is a surreal experience!


This blizzard is taking away at least three more school days from my kindergartners.  As I said goodbye to them yesterday, I promised the parents a list of fun links on our class site.
Here are a few activities for snowy days:
Download and print a door hanger from Reading Rockets.
Check out a few yucky, but fun, recipes at Discovery Kids' site The Yuckiest Site On The Internet!
MANY family projects and online games can be found at ActivityTV.
Measure yourself and see how your measurements compare to those of other animals.
See some of the illustrations from our newest fav book "Moon Plane".  Write your own text!
Looking for math and language worksheets?  TLSBooks has a selection; you can also search other grade levels, to meet a child's ability.


A big THANKS to Joanne Meier at Reading Rockets, for some of these great ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for being part of my story!