Thursday, March 22, 2012

(dis)courage

Discouraged = a feeling of having lost hope or confidence (dishearten),
the act of making something less likely to happen or of making people less likely to do something


One more day until I get a break.  Friends, I have lost heart.  Nothing in particular has occurred to create my lack of courage.... just a wearing away, a sameness, a daily grind.


We don't often mention the hard moments of our jobs.  We try to focus on the positive, inventive, and magical moments of spending 40+ hours with children.  Halleluia, "out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks"!  I am grateful to be surrounded by a happy atmosphere, thanks to my blogging buddies.


Today, I just feel the need to admit that I am low on hope.  Interestingly, my assigned devotion for next month's staff meetings is on encouragement.  Timely, right?!  I'll be back with insights for the opposite of how I feel today!

11 comments:

  1. When I feel that way, I like to read what Angela Watson writes at http://cornerstoneforteachers.com. Thanks for being honest with how you are feeling....there is an unwritten code somewhere that because we are teachers, we always have to have our "sunshine" smaile plastered across our face. Check out Angela's information, it is really helpful and you may find some great ideas to share at your devotions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have these moments, but aren't we blessed to know a God who doesn't believe in hopelessness? It's not even in His vocabulary. Be blessed.

    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry you are feeling this way! Know we all have been there, and this too will pass! :)

    Praying!

    Michelle



    Apples and ABC's

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very sorry--it is so hard when you feel that way! You are not alone...I will be sending positive thoughts your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're not alone! It happens sometimes. This week is my week too. Tomorrow is Friday though, woohoo!((((Hugs)))


    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for ya and knowing that God will bring some sunshine soon:) Hang in there....I have been up and down all week but know the Lord has a purpose for each and everything I have been going through and it all is part of His molding of me:) Be encouraged:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your honesty. I understand. Please take good care and hang in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of you! I have had a bit of that too this week. I hope it will pass soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love you and this will pass. Teaching is so demanding and emotionally draining. However, the sun will shine tomorrow and just spend some time with your friends so they can nurture you.
    Fran

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being part of my story!