Today was my first day of school in the new district!
I'm trying to take a mental break from the lesson planning
and linking up HERE seems like the perfect diversion. BUT--
because I have a 45 minute commute and need to be awake at 5:45am, I'm cutting the number in half.
1. I've moved from teaching kindergarten in a Christian school to teaching K in a large urban public school district. To my surprise, there are many similarities in the two schools. Not the doctrine, of course, but the limited resources and need for extreme flexibility are familiar to me. Look for a Donor's Choose project soon, in my sidebar!
2. My oldest son is now a junior in college...wow... I still see his three-year-old smile when I think of him. Second son starts his senior year of high school tomorrow. Darling daughter will be a sophomore and youngest son is going into 7th grade. This summer, there was one day where they were all in the house at the same time. I have proof!
3. I'm thinking about earning a master's degree in gifted education. This year, I'll find out just how time consuming it will be to maintain Blackboard Configuration boards for five subjects, daily, as well as writing lesson plans in the Madeleine Hunter format. If I can successfully keep up with all of that, a graduate degree might be doable!
4. I need coffee at dawn, peanut butter Balance bars, and a book on my iPhone.
5. I prefer teaching in an air conditioned room during a hot Missouri August, wish I had tickets to see Keith Urban next Friday, and read young adult fiction for fun.
The Perseid's Meteor Shower holds a special place in my heart (hello, 18-year-old self!) and it's tonight!!! Well, there goes bedtime!
Follow along this week with Blog Hoppin'!