Sunday, March 13, 2011

My Storybook Classroom

Always First Grade is hosting a classroom photos linky!

A week before school began, the church decided to paint my classroom.  Bless the volunteers, they worked at record speed!  The talented muralist created a train scene which winds around the rooms.  Eventually, the trees will become 3-D with leaves and pop-out trunks.  


The space can be divided by a partition, but I have access to both rooms.  We don't have a Smart Board, but the white boards work just fine.  The bulletin boards are double-sided, allowing board space for the church classes.  I make good use of the doors, board rims, easels, etc., on both sides of the room, because the walls can't be used for display. (You can read more about this at my post on being organized


This week, we'll be making kites for the ceiling!

3 comments:

  1. So cute! It's funny because my name is Chrissy AND I teach Kindergarten AND I work at a parochial school! We should be friends :) Ha! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the painted walls. Could they head 60 miles west and remake my room? Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being part of my story!