Sunday, September 4, 2011

Teddy Bear Picnic

We celebrated our study of bears
--habitats, hibernation, etc.--
with a teddy bear picnic!
Every student remembered to bring a bear to school!
The marshmallow, tiny teddy grahams, and chocolate bar were stuffed together, forming a yummy s'more!  Of course, we munched on berries, too.
It is difficult to see in this pic, but we used Unifix cubes to measure the length of our bears.
No peeking!  The children drew a bear from 
the bucket and graphed the chosen color.
Our bears joined the story circle, to experience this fab book.
If you do anything with bears, find this story!

8 comments:

  1. I hope you read Goldilocks and the 3 Bears! This looks so precious and I will check out this book. I am drowning in bear books though(Heehee)but I can always add more!
    Fran@kindergartencrayons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute idea!! Thanks for sharing pics!!

    Miss J
    Smiles, Crayons, and Endless Stories

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute activities!

    http://thesilverlininginteaching.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute thanks for sharing! I totally want to have my own Teddy Bear picnic now!

    Jessie
    http://gluesticksgamesandgiggles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our Teddy Bear Picnic will be in 2 weeks!!! I will have to go find this book:) Thanks!
    Little Warriors

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just listed your blog as one of my favorites :D
    http://mrsayalaskinderfun.blogspot.com/2011/09/amazing.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being part of my story!